12 August 2006

A note about anonymity

I'm not stupid :-) I realise that I've included enough information in here for people to work out who I am (well, people who actually know me and see me from time to time, probably not random people dropping in from China or Brazil). So why am I not using my real name, if anybody it would mean anything to could work it out anyway? Basically so that no-one finds this site by searching for it (or any of the other names I've replaced with (very unimaginative) pseudonyms). I don't mind sharing with complete strangers- but it'd be a bit wierd having people I know reading this stuff. Of course, I accept that if you put things on the internet then you run the risk of people reading them. But with 1 billion internet users or whatever the figure is and with my current readership numbers, I don't think it's too much of a danger- and at least I'm not increasing the chances!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home