15 November 2006

My record continues to slip

Oh dear. I didn't go to my lecture today. I overslept. First I overslept to the point where I was going to have to be very quick and not have any breakfast in order to make it on time. Then I overslept to the point where I was going to miss all or most of the first part of the lecture, where he goes through the homework questions, but could slip in during the break between that and the part where he gives the actual lecture. Then I overslept to the point that I would only be in time for the ending of the lecture. At which point I stopped even trying to wake up and just went back to sleep till three in the afternoon. In my defence, I was feeling a bit ill yesterday evening, and again today. But not really ill enough to justify missing lectures. Strangely though I don't feel that guilty. Though I hope I make it to tomorrow's. I would say I'd been doing too much and it's catching up with me- but I haven't even been that busy lately (and still haven't found the time to do much work). And even when I was really busy, it's not like having a full time job and working even as much as 40 hours a week. So, I've decided that I am ill, so as not to have to decide that I'm pathetic :-)

The Running Dinner was cancelled. One team pulled out yesterday and there were too few left for it to work. But Flatmate 7 and I cooked together anyway- butternut squash lasagne, from a recipe I got from a Care 2 newsletter a couple of years ago, before I unsubscribed (because I never got round to reading them and that was the only recipe I'd tried out). It's a very autumn dish, with mushrooms and roasted pecans in there as well as the squash, ricotta and thyme. And very good. This time I put some bechamel sauce on top even though the recipe doesn't, because otherwise the top stays hard. As it was, the sides didn't cook (not wetted by the filling), but the middle was done perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home