26 November 2006

Off the brown stuff

I didn't get up till 1.30 today, but it wasn't exactly oversleeping as I made a conscious decision to reset the alarm several times and in the end to do away with it altogether, as it was Sunday and I didn't have to be anywhere (though I did have some work to do). Oh ok, technically it is oversleeping, but oversleeping like I was doing it before, not oversleeping like I've been doing it recently which is far more dangerous and insidious. I just wanted to be able to start the post off differently for once...

I must have done about an hour's work in the end, if that. The rest of the time was doing not particularly constructive stuff on my computer, and eating. I went out for supper with my flatmates, to an Indian restaurant in Brick lane which amazingly was not that expensive and didn't have anyone on the door to pounce. Sadly though I've forgotten the name (actually I forgot to look and see what it was). No, wait, it was Aladin (sic). The food was nice as well as cheap, and I had something I don't ever remember seeing on a menu before, vegetable Malaya, which was a bit like a korma only using slightly different spices, a bit yogurty, and with pineapple in.

I think I really am addicted to chocolate. I usually have some in the evening, whether in bar form or as a chocolate muffin or something, but today I didn't have any stashed away and I haven't been out apart from the outing to the restaurant, and I didn't want to say I'd see my flatmates later as I was going off to buy some chocolate. I don't feel at all hungry; I actually feel pretty full, but nevertheless I have strong cravings that I am fighting*. I'm going to have to, because I don't know of anywhere round here that's 24 hours. Tesco's shuts at 6 on Sundays, and I can't even go and be overcharged by the vending machine as I didn't have that much cash on me when we went to the restaurant and even though the meal was very reasonably priced, it used up all my change. I even had to borrow 30p to make up the tip...

I'm feeling pretty tired and a little ill, but I don't think that's withdrawal symptons...

*What makes it even worse is that this is not on 0 chocolate- there was mint chocolate each with the bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home